In this educational blog post about fasting for ultimate health and wellness, you’ll learn about dry fasting, water fasting, and juice fasting. Many people appreciate the weight loss experienced when fasting, but fasting offers far deeper benefits which last long after the extra weight is gone.
When we fast, we don’t just lose weight; We heal our body, mind, and spirit with fasting, the missing love to complete you.
We Heal Our Body
3 Way In Which We Heal Our Body
- Reverse the process of aging
- Eliminate symptoms of disease
- Heal past traumas and injuries
We Heal Our Mind
3 Ways In Which We Heal Our Mind
- Total clarity allowing for rational thinking
- Shed emotional burdens
- Clear obstructions and emotional constructs
We Heal Our Soul
3 Ways In Which We Heal Our Soul
- Align ourselves with nature
- Strip ourselves of attachments
- Move through love and forgiveness
While the physical benefits of fasting (weight loss, weight maintenance, toxin removal) are well-known, the reason I want you to fast is simple; Fasting removes mental, physical and spiritual barriers, allowing you to align yourself with your true purpose. We slowly strip away layers of unhealthy attachments and identities, getting closer and closer to a view of ourselves as genuine beings who deserve nothing but the highest forms of love.
According to many experts and scientific research, fasting improves physical, mental, and spiritual health.
Link to article improving physical health click here.
Link to article improving mental health click here.
Link to article improving spiritual health click here.
Benefits Of Dry Fasting, Water Fasting, And Juice Fasting Include…
- Increased Energy
- Sharpened sense of taste, hear, and smell
- Soft, clear skin
- Clarity in thinking
- Anti-aging and increased vitality
- Disappear gray hairs
- Heal past injuries or body traumas
- Alleviate symptoms of disease
- Normalize blood sugars
- Thickened hair
- Deeper relationship with god and nature
- Expanded happiness and vibrancy
- Weight Loss
- Many, many more
What Is Fasting?
Fasting is an ancient practice, with records dating all the way back to the 5th century. Hippocrates prescribed abstinence from food or drink to alleviate illness symptoms in his patients. We can find many examples of spiritual fasting in ancient religious teachings.
- During Ramadan, Muslim people abstain from food and drink from sunup to sundown. Muslims believe fasting brings their body and soul closer to God.
- Spiritual yoga teachers believe in purifying the body through mindful eating, dietary restrictions, yoga exercises, and fasting.
- Faithful Christians practice fasting to bring them closer to Jesus and His teachings. According to the Bible, Jesus fasted 40 days while Satan tried tempting Him to no avail.
- Animals naturally fast when they are sick or injured, depriving themselves of food and water to maximize the healing process.
- People in all walks of life fast for many reasons, including clarity of purpose, renewed vigor, and peace of mind.
Why You Should Fast
Let’s take a closer look as to what happens to the body when we fast.
Fasting Benefits The Body
When it comes to healing, nothing is quite better at it than the body. Yes, our bodies can heal anything. In order for the body to go through with this miraculous feat, we must get out of our body’s way.
We must remove all obstacles so the body can naturally eliminate built-up toxins. These harmful chemicals have been floating around since the Oscar Mayer hot dog you ate when you were in third grade and the milkshake you scarfed down when you were finished with soccer practice.
Not only must we remove all obstacles, but we must pump the brakes on everyday stressors.
Take a break from the gym. Put down the dumbbell and give the bicep a break, give your body a rest. Physical activity taxes our body in times of healing. Refrain from anything causing mental or emotional stress.
Nonetheless, our bodies are incredible machines in nature, but they aren’t unbreakable machines. Like most things, our bodies have limits. As we ingest artificial colors, preservatives, pesticides and other toxins, we grow ill. Fasting eliminates this toxic build up from our body.
Toxins Eliminated By Fasting
- Artificial Flavors
- Artificial Colors
- Rancid oils
- Other indigestible chemicals
The health benefits of fasting restore optimal function to your gastro-intestinal tract, skin, lungs, liver, and other vital organs.
Symptoms Of Healing During A Fast
Detox symptoms surprise many people when they fast. While you might think of the common cold as a nuisance, during a fast a cold is an indicator of your body’s efforts to discharge toxins and restore optimal health. Other symptoms such as minor aches and pains and reduced energy may also be detox symptoms. For more information on this, check out the book Juice Fasting and Detoxification by Steve Meyerowitz.
Different Types Of Fasting For Ultimate Health And Wellness
There are many different types of fasting. People have done rice fasts, grain fasts, and intermittent fasts. For optimal healing though, we will stick with dry fasts, water fasts, and juice fasts.
Note: Water fasting and dry fasting require mind/body preparation. If you’re not properly educated, don’t jump into a dry, water, or juice fast. If you’ve suffered from an eating disorder, be cautious. Talk with a trusted professional and do some research before jumping in. For more detailed information on the right way to prep for a fast click here.
- Dry Fasting (The Ultimate Healer) – Refraining from all food and water, you must make sure you have proper knowledge before tackling this ultimate form of healing, Many people believe one day of dry fasting has the healing power of a three-day water fast.
- Water Fasting – Consuming only water for an extended period of time.
- Juice Fasting – Consuming fresh squeezed or pressed fruit juices and water, no solid foods
Beauty of Fasting
Fasting is simple. Fasting for ultimate health and wellness requires no fancy remedies or trips to exclusive stores. Best of all, fasting is free. Simply put, you’re basically practicing abstinence to the core. Most of us have been taught to eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner with snacks in between.
When I played baseball for the New York Mets, I ate more than 4000 calories a day. Believe me, I know fasting can seem wacko at first. It’s actually hard for me to describe the benefits of fasting; for me, the word miraculous comes close.
“Words can’t describe the benefits of fasting, ‘miraculous’ comes close,” – Kevin Kaczmarski
Don’t trust me, trust the process, trust your body, trust yourself. Good luck with your fasting journey!
For information on how to break a fast, click here.
For information on Intermittent Fasting, click here.
For information on the health benefits of juices, click here.
For information on food combining, click here.
For information on washing produce, click here.